Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: It's all about the design and build. To isolate one particular component requires a perfect platform...doesn't

I don't know how true this is but a good friend and well known tech in my area said to leave the UF as stock or close to it as possible. He realizes back in the early days of stereo the caps were limited in what was available but the circuit designers knew what they were doing and did it well, despite the lack of quality in parts back in the day. Can improvements be made? Very suggestive answer but he did say that when modifying values keep in mind the T/C's(time constants) and messing with them can make something sound out of balance(to bassy, too much highs, etc.). The idea was a flat response but is flat always the best way to listen? Thus either tone controls or messing with parts values to create a different sound.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: It's all about the design and build. To isolate one particular component requires a perfect platform...doesn't - xaudiomanx 07:41:19 02/18/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.