Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Again . . . How About a 27?

I kinda lost track of this thread after it, predictably, veered off into suggestions for using rare and expensive tubes, setups that employed hundreds of LEDs, the need for complex heater schemes in order to operate quietly, and such stuff.

I'm a big believer in the KISS philosophy so I'll suggest - again - that you try a 27 using battery bias on the grid, or cathode if you prefer. I posted a schematic earlier.

No, it's not directly heated but that's the point - simple to heat using AC with minimal parts count. As long as you are using a preamp with sufficient gain - which it seems you are - it should work well and should give you, sonically, most all the benefits of a DHT, like the 26, without the complexity and related expense.

Others here DO have a much broader and detailed understanding of technical theory. That's not saying much because my technical abilities are essentially nil. So they may offer some objections. Possibly even valid objections.

Try it anyway. =8^)

Edits: 02/08/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Again . . . How About a 27? - FlaCharlie 07:32:45 02/08/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.