Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: traces at last....

Right - the output should be AC only. If you are in GND, then you just get a flat line: this position is there so you can use your vertical adjust to put that one one reference grid. If you had then, let's say 2.5v DC AND your AC signal, putting on DC would make the trace shift up by one division (2.5v) - essentially a combined AC and DC volt meter.

If you have the input shorted then your original posted wave is the results of all the odd artifacts added by your amp because, what I don't think has been posted, is that when the input is shorted, the output should (ideally) be a flat line: no AC, no DC. I agree with someone who suggested this is from the heater arrangement you have.

In a DHSET, you will likely NEVER have a completely flat line, but should be closer than what you have. If you move the time base to a faster and faster time, you may see those spikes become their own little sign waves on top of the dominant sign wave - an oscillation.

By the way, I don't know where you live, but I'm in the Portland, OR area and have the same scope. Happy to walk you through in more detail.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: traces at last.... - SteveBrown 15:38:51 10/25/16 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.