Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

update

I think I may have found at least part of the problem. I decided to switch the probe to 1x instead of 10x to see what would happen,and when I did I noticed that my scope has little brackets marked 1x and 10x under the volts/division dial on each channel. When I told TK the volts per division was 0.1 I was reading a number in the 10x window because I had the probe set on 10x. HOWEVER, if you switch the probe to 1x and get the same size trace, the 0.1 is in the 1x window instead. In other words, you don't have to correct for the 10x probe if you read it at the right place on the dial. Soooooooo, that means that I am actually seeing 2.5 divisions times 0.1 for a total of 0.25 volts total instead of 2.5. Still not the best, but much better. It is about 100 times higher than what psud2 predicts I should be seeing with my psu though, so I am wondering if I am missing something else in all this or if I am picking up a lot of stray ac somewhere else along the way.

Edits: 10/24/16 10/25/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • update - vinnie2 14:09:37 10/24/16 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.