Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: update

Interesting. I can adjust the impedance of the OPT, but only in larger amounts. I think the settings are 2.5k, 5k and 10k. I have it at 5k at the moment as most of what I read recommended that for the 845. So would that mean there are really only 3 operating points available where the formula would apply? Is the plate resistance for different currents and voltages available anywhere, or is it something you have to measure? Last but not least, is there likely to be any improvement in the sound at these other points as they will take me away from the recommended load and the plate voltage and current the Japanese dudes have stated are the best for low voltage 845's. I suppose it would be interesting to try it for at least one of the other load settings if I can figure out how to get the plate resistance. Would it have to be a true triode to work, or could it work with the triode connected 813 too? Oh, and thanks for adding another page to my notebook!

Edits: 10/18/16 10/18/16 10/18/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.