Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Let me try again

Tre
I really appreciate your explanation, and I will file it with my other information, for future reference. However, I must say once again that a carpenter does not need to be a structural engineer or an architect to build a house, he just needs a good set of plans. I am that carpenter, and I try to find complete sets of plans to work with, but sometimes I have to wing it.
As far as taking inmates time, that is what I thought this forum was for. Are you telling me it's only for the architects and no carpenters allowed?
I would rather spend my time building, and I have told you on numerous occasions that the theory does not come easy to me nor is it my primary interest. If I pick some up as i go along fine, but I do not wish to spend most of my audio time trying to learn the theory when I could be building instead.
I would hope there are at least a few others out there like myself and that at least some of the inmates are ok with us being carpenters and will help with the architecture when they can. For Pete's sake Tre', I have built or bread boarded over 30 amps and preamps in the last 15 years or so. How many other inmates of the "tube diy" forum can claim that? I have had lots of help from the forum sure, but I have done a lot of it on my own as well when I could find good schematics.

Edits: 09/28/16 09/28/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.