Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

America has made some junk products too!

Every country has their share of quality and junk products.

IIRC, the reason Japanese cars were able to flood the market in the early 70s was due to the poor quality of lower priced American cars.

And as far as this forum goes, remember that early American consumer transistor products were high unreliable compared to the Japanese. That's another long story as to why but it's basically because the Japanese embraced transistor technology for consumer products long before the Americans. They had more application experience with then fragile transistors in an uncontrolled residential environment. Where as the USA previously only used transistors in military and industrial applications.

I certainly agree a lot of sub standard electronic components come out of China. But let's not apply that across the board. I like to research and evaluate products manufacture by manufacture.

P.S. I am not Asian either. I am American of German decent. So this is not a race issue at all. I just want good quality at a good price. I really don't care who makes it.

Edits: 09/19/16 09/19/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • America has made some junk products too! - gusser 09:59:56 09/19/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.