Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Amen, to that

That's for sure.

Case in point, if there was a clear reason why changing the leads on the cap would make a big difference then OK, but the fact is a screen grid bypass cap merely holds the screed grid at AC ground.

There is no way mathematically that the tiny difference in the resistance, inductance, capacitance, dielectric absorption, etc.. between the stock lead wires and the new added lead wires would hold the screen grid enough closer to ground to make the claimed difference. "dynamics just soared with the modified caps"

In this case one would have to do a DBT. If a claimant and/or other listeners could show statistically significant results in a DBT then we would need to look for a different reason for the change.

In the mean time, expectation bias is more likely the cause of what is being "heard".

If someone secretly undid the change I don't believe the listener would notice that the system had lost the perceived added dynamics.

The listener would assume that the modified leads were still in place and the expectation would remain, so the perceived improvement would remain.

Tre'
Have Fun and Enjoy the Music
"Still Working the Problem"

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.