Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

KEF B139s in TL cabinets

Tim, that's what I use as woofers to go with my Beveridge 2SW speakers, which cross over at 100Hz. I use a Dahlquist crossover just to provide the low pass filter, and I drive the TLs with a vintage Theshold Stasis 50W amplifier. I built my TL cabinets 40 years ago as the basis for a 3-way system, sold them after several years and then bought them back from the guy who owned them, after many more years. They are about 4.5 feet high, 20 inches deep, made of 1.25-inch MDF and veneered in formica, modeled on the Bailey formula published in Wireless World. I had them stored in my basement ever since repossessing them, until 3-4 years ago, when the Beveridge speakers came into my life. There were many moments over the years before I bought the Bevs when I contemplated trashing the cabinets and selling the NOS KEF woofers that I had kept around for the sole purpose of using them in the TLs. I am so glad I did not do that. The TLs mate very seamlessly with the Beveridge sound. They will be a perfect mate for your Quads, too.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • KEF B139s in TL cabinets - Lew 11:10:00 08/27/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.