Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: LOL...

I think the big difference here is between a general or first order definition being soft and ambiguous and a more precise model being the same.

The more precise the definition the less ambiguity allowed which is why we create more complex models in the first place and these models must be held to higher standards. Further defining anything with more imprecise terms is counterproductive and it is often these same people with complex definitions based on subjective terms espousing 5 decimal place accuracy to justify their opinions.

Tremaine uses the phrase "most linear" and while that seems like a strong statement, it is actually impossible to define without adding lots of other information / assumptions. Luckily his writings were directed to peers / students where a conceptual understanding of what he is saying doesn't take a huge leap of faith. Fast forward to today where on the interwebs, anyone can be an expert and we have a very different situation.

dave

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: LOL... - dave slagle 18:24:27 08/18/16 (2)
    • Soft... - PakProtector 17:23:44 08/23/16 (0)
    • RE: LOL... - Tre' 18:43:12 08/18/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.