Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: I got a question...

Yes, the cathode current and the plate current are the same thing in a triode.

In a pentode you have the current through the plate and the current through the screen grid. So the cathode current would include both.

With a triode the only current path is the plate, that is to say, the current that flows up from ground to the cathode and then across the vacuum to the plate and then to the power supply and then back to ground.

If we allow the control grid to become positive WRT the cathode then we would also have current flowing out of the control grid but this is not something we would normally do.

I know you said that you're not comfortable working around the "theory" side but I would encourage you to learn theory.

IMO this hobby is soo much more fun when you start understand what's really happening with these circuits.

I think the real beginning of understanding is to understand that electronics (and electrons) are real and physical.

When I look at a schematic I can "see" where the electrons and electronic charges are going.

Tre'
Have Fun and Enjoy the Music
"Still Working the Problem"

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I got a question... - Tre' 16:27:20 06/23/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.