Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Yep good eye! the phono was...

I have owned many Wright pieces and all were always built very inexpensively on standard Hammond chassis. I didn't say they weren't built well but he did use mainstream parts. I spoke with him in detail when of course, he was alive(God rest his soul) and he was never into "boutique" parts. He always thought that expensive parts did reveal some good qualities but the expense wasn't worth it to him to get involved with unless the buyer specified that they wanted specific brands of parts and then he would adjust his pricing accordingly. He also felt that no matter what he used there were those that would change parts qualities anyway whether it needed it or not. He like John Wiesner(builder of the Arthur Loesch preamp) never believed in boutique parts and there were times I didn't either. I do believe SET amps reveal more sound changes that PP amps.

Also, I never knew there was ever a dealer for the Wright products. He always built to order. I do have a feeling the one you have was homebrew built. I also, have the schematic but I did promise George, at the time, that I would never share it with anybody unless it was to get it fixed.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.