Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Sorry, that did not work for me

I removed the bypass caps and the amp went into motorboating when a signal was present. I have been incrementally making slight changes to this amp and when i switched from resistor setting bias to CCS or actually CVS with the LM317. i also removed the resistor on the input grid of the input 6sn7 tube. So i used a straight piece of signal wire from the input rca jack instead of a 1K resistor before the grid. Before i removed the bypass caps as i was testing the new CVS on the amp there were a few putt putts when the amp was first powered up. I am guessing the power tube section is unstable before they warmed up sufficiently. Just several putt putts before disappearing and not reappearing again. But now with the cathode bypass capacitors disconnected the amp is oscillating continuously.
Any suggestions as to what i should do to alleviate this problem? Besides putting everything back to how it was. I am thinking if i should reduce the amount of feedback from the 16ohm tap to the input tube. Should i go further down the rabbit hole or get out when i can? cheers, Dak

Edits: 05/08/16 05/08/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.