Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Tube amp PS

Hello all,
First, many thanks to all who posted. Very much appreciated.

Eli, while I've learned a great deal from you and Eddie over the years, what you proposed looks daunting to me and over my head. I need simple.

Paul, the EML datasheets proposed operating points for the 20B start @ 380V and go up, hence my observation of the PS topology. It never occurred to me to hit the 20B w/ 250VDC @ 16ma as 91 proposed, but it sure looks like the way to go now. It would greatly simplify the PS design, as I could power both amp sections from the same well filtered PS section. I'm thinking CLCLC- split dual mono to a final RC section to dial my B+ in. The B+ ripple should be very low by then. Since I'm planning DC on the filaments, I should end up with a pretty quiet amp.

91, First, many thanks for pointing me in this direction.
Second, No, I don't have cash to burn, but my buddy does. we live about 25 miles from each other. I visit regularly to listen to his SOTA headphone based digital system, and he wanted to upgrade my vinyl based system for when he comes here. We decided on an all DHT amp to drive my Decware HDT speakers, hence the present project.

I'm sure, as this design unfolds, I will have more questions and be looking for more advice, as DHT's are an entirely new territory for me.
I'll be back.

Cheers, Crazy Bill

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.