Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Well......

I am confused by a few things here

1. There is no cathode in any of these tubes. I assume plate to cathode means plate to one of the filament pins, or to the centre tap of the hum balance pot.

2. If you are getting only 33V plate to filament, the issue is with bias, the tube is conducting too much because there isn't enough bias voltage to throttle it down. Remember a triode tube is more or less a variable reaistor which is controlled by grid voltage... More grid voltage gives a higher resistance and less gives a lower one... This varying resistance is used to control power, hence amplification.

Play with the value of the self bias resistors (centre tap of him pot to ground) to set the plate voltage, not with the plate load reaistor. For example, to get a higher plate to filament voltage you would increase the value of the self bias resistor. . The plate to filament voltage should be about half the B+ voltage for the first two stages, and for the output stage should be almost full B+

Make sure to measure all the resistors a second time, maybe one or two are off in value and throwing the design out of whack.

Edits: 04/30/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.