Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Well......

I got to looking at how much work would be wasted by tearing the amp down and decided to give it another try. This time I first ran it up with no tubes in it and it went right up to 400vdc B+. No surprise there I guess. Next I added first one pair of 26's and then the other. I both cases the B+ held at about 375vdc. When I added the 45's however, the B+ dipped down to about 330vdc. I checked the plate volts (plate to cathode)and got about 33vdc. Grid to cathode read at -11vdc.
I am thinking I might need to lower the value of the 26 plate resistors next to see what happens there. Another possiblity is that I am reducing the ac voltage to the filament transformers going in instead of reducing their output to the tubes with smaller resistors. That might be wasting too much power. May have to change that too.
Any input would be appreciated.
As promised, I have re-drawn the schem and included the psu. I think it is correct, and I hope you can read it. If anything can't be read let me know.

Edits: 04/29/16 04/29/16 04/29/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Topic - Well...... - vinnie2 14:21:40 04/29/16 (12)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.