Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Does anybody know the Welborne Remote Attenuator?

All installed and mostly working. The only issue is the 5v power supply. I tried using a 9v battery going through an LM317, but it eats the battery after about a side of a record. I tried using that same LM317 tapping my 24v PS, but that didn't work either, I think it just overheated. I bought a converter that has better heat sinking already built in, and while I haven't put it in yet I'm pretty confident it will work.

The first volume step is plenty low, there is plenty of headroom on the volume control, it has a balance control too but it seems to track both channels evenly, it has a mute button (I wish it worked on my... ;))

I also bought an Ankuoo Neo wifi power outlet switch so I can remotely turn the whole system on, even from halfway around the world. Mostly I just need it from my couch, and this was really so my wife and kids could turn it all on at once without having to reach around the wires as neither my amp nor pre-amp have front facing power switches.

If I didn't have to get up and flip the record over I'd never have to move again! It really is nice though to be able to get the volume I want without having to get up and down a few times. Dual mono volume pots were a real PITA.

And one more thing. It sounds good, a lot better than my old scratchy pots.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Does anybody know the Welborne Remote Attenuator? - zacster 19:49:47 02/02/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.