Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: What Speakers Are You Using for Low Power SETs?

The Corny's will need a little xover work. I'd try some Russian K75 copper foil in oil caps in the xovers. They are not expensive. PIO caps in the amp too. I would also check the tweeters to be sure they are in spec. Some new internal wiring won't hurt either. See link for other Klipsch tweaks. There is also the Klipsch forum that has a Heritage section. Good info there. Give a little tweaking a go and then decide. None of the Heritage Klipsch have ruler flat impedance so don't look to rock out with 2 watts. With a little effort you will be better able to decide if they work better for you than what you have now. BTW, Khorns really need SOLID walls behind them to really perform.

Me? I driving Heresy III's with a Dennis Had Inspire amp and preamp, good stuff, 4-12 watts depending on the output tube. I'm getting older and downsized.

Edits: 11/23/15 11/23/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: What Speakers Are You Using for Low Power SETs? - SETdude 16:18:08 11/23/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.