Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Some more pics...

Hi All,

As I noticed my amps inspired some of you, here some more pics...

Sorry for the bandwidth,
NC

It begon with a bunch of parts...

And woodwork...

Small solder work. Here some the VCCS's

Phono PSU final caps

Mounting the step-up transformers (in mu-metal cans) close to the input tubes. VCAP IOMP as bypass of the last B+ PSU caps.

Wonder what goes where...

Building the LCR RIAA.

Lotsa cable thingies..

Phono PSU ready. HT PSU per stage and 4 PSU's for the VCCS's.

One of the HT PSU's. Left voltage, middle power, right driver B+.

Backside...

Low voltage chassis. 4 x filament PSU for driver and power tubes, 2 x PSU for VCC's feeding the voltage stage tubes, and the bias supply for both the driver and power stages. Note that I can adjust ALL filament/heater voltage in the complete amp to play with filament starving.

On the right 2 time delay relais for the B+.

Detail of bias supply.

Lotsa soldering...

Low voltage chassis front view. The dials are for setting the filament voltage of the driver and power tubes. The big clock is a hour meter.

And nerve breaking suff. Here the AVC's from Dave Slage... On the back the output from the RIAA is connected via RCA so that I also can use other input (no input switches). As you see all the metal parts are brass.

The actual amp (bottom view). Last PSU caps for the voltage stage with plate resistor. OIMP's last caps for bias voltage, MQ grid chokes an the driver transformers.

Aslo visibel the VCCS for the voltage stage and the bias adjustment knob for the driver stage.

Neutrik connectors for bias and driver filament voltage and the ground returns for the HT PSU.

Power amplifier top view. AVC for volume nicely covering the voltage tubes (Here Bas tubes which have a metal paint sprayed over it which act as a shield. I build the AVC as a 'bridge' over the tubes to further reduce hum.). VCAP coupling caps (now replace by the Cu versions) an WKZ as finals B+ caps close too the tubes (too close, the caps are shielded now against heat from the tubes.)

The front dials are for the bias adjustment for the power tubes, The Amphoral connector connects the output of the tube to the OPT.

Mount the whole shebang via rubber dampers on the chassis and play some music! :)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.