Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Level 5 2A3 SE Design

Tre'

Gain is gain; but, the the sound can be different even though the gain is the same.

I do pick something other than the 6SN7. Been there done that.

I'm just saying there's more to consider than gain. Heck, if you think about it, people "prefer" different 6SN7s - their gain is the same, no? Taking this a bit further, if it were just gain, one could picky many different solutions to achieve the same gain, yet I seriously doubt they would all sound the same. Surely, you don't think that if the gain is the same the sound is the same...

I never said you need more gain. I said there is more to it, meaning the sound of the amplifier, than simply the gain of what's in front of the 2A3.

I further suggest to the original poster to consider transconductance. He's looking for some help, no?

Stick with your technical descriptions. I won't offer you mine. I'm pretty indifferent and could care less about yours, frankly. I've been comfortable in my own audio skin for a long time now...

Not sure what axe you have to grind here??

I'm not interested in specifically commenting on the circuit at hand other than to suggest some consideration for the original poster. The topic is their schematic in question.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.