Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: The first two at least predate modern scientific method

Da Vinci clearly predates modern scientific method...therefore my comment in reply to yours.

By Universal, I mean other than some medieval dark age European idea about a flat earth I don't think that many older or parallel cultures necessarily thought this. They had some other, sometimes wacky, ideas, but not necessarily that the world is flat. Magellen proved it wasn't rather convincingly, no? and that was 1518.

People looking at weather through a microscope are not to be taken seriously. Climate change over centuries is interesting but over eons is more correct. It is a fact that climate swings have become less pronounced in the last 11-12000 years (since the last Ice Ages), which has allowed for the rise of man from hunter/gatherer.

I specifically mentioned dosage because in medicine (I am a development chemist) dosage is just as important as the product itself. There can be a fine line between effectiveness and poisonous. Food is not so different in the end.

"Technical analysts were claiming that in the day.
"
Certainly not all and I am not talking about the press, who regurgitate whatever the PR guys from Philips and Sony wanted them to say, I am talkign about the engineers themselves. Do you think that they thought it was "perfect sound forever"? I somehow doubt it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: The first two at least predate modern scientific method - morricab 00:59:41 09/01/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.