Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Disagree, you clearly do not understand measurement.

"However, listening is easier to do for the average person, and is also the ultimate test."

"You regularly ask questions here about how to make things in yr latest DIY effort work, yes or no."

I think Tim is saying that you clearly want (from time to time) to change the sound of your system.

Well, to change the sound you have to understand what's going on (technically speaking) with the circuit.

Once you start to understand what's going on with the circuit technically you might change your mind a little about listening being the ultimate test.

If you know that technically something is "wrong" but you just happen to like the sound anyway, you might realize that just because someone likes the sound of a system subjectively doesn't mean that it's "right" or "accurate" (ie: the output wave form matches the input wave form).

Tim, if I'm off base, I apologize.

BTW, just to tie this back to the other part of the thread, to understand what's going on with a circuit we use science (ie: the scientific method).

Tre'
Have Fun and Enjoy the Music
"Still Working the Problem"

Edits: 08/30/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.