Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Interesting Quotes ...

Leif Johannsen - "It's surprising sometimes how much you can catch from casual listening. Eventually I'll narrow my prototypes down to two, which will measure and sound very similar to one another. But if one sounds better and the other measures better, we'll go with the one that sounds better even if we can't explain why. Audio design has come a long way, but there is still a lot we don't know."
Ortofon

If it measures good and sounds bad, it is bad; if it measures bad and sounds good, you've measured the wrong thing!
Maxim

Measurements can tell you HOW a speaker sounds - they don't tell you how GOOD it sounds!
John Atkinson

My first -and really, only- criteria when evaluating new equipment, speakers, or even potential upgrades is:
'Am I listening to music, or equipment?'
Betesda Audio

Some prefer neutral, Some prefer natural. Just wonder why neutral has so much difficulty sounding natural.
Bill K.

It's a very long way from an amplifier that works technically correct to an amplifier that captivates the listener.
Stefan Gawlick

We have come to the conclusion that everything has an influence on sound. And we have to accept that these influences are real -even if (for the moment at least) we have no scientific explanation.
Helmut Brinkmann

I suspect there are some who find the idea of neutrality more attractive than the reality.
Alan Sircom

To my experience, cost means nothing. Synergy means everything.
Tom Treitz

Don't assume that expensive is better, but don't dismiss because it's expensive.
Mike Lavigne

A rather low cost system but with wisely chosen components which match well together can be more High End than a incompetently chosen system of the 100k+ category.
Thomas Mayer

There is a mistaken belief that current flows from a power station hundreds of miles away. Not true: current oscillates back forth between the neutral and hot conductors and the current only travels a few inches at best. This is why the first six feet of power cordage from the component is important.
Caelin Gabriel

Of all the amplifiers I have reviewed, this is one of them too.
Julian Hirsch

DanL

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - Interesting Quotes ... - danlaudionut 19:03:58 08/29/15 (47)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.