Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Seems to follow accepted theory to me ...

In the presents of both HF and LF.......when a large HF signal is at the lower part of the large ellipse, caused by the LF, the HF will run out of current early.

I disagree. Everything is held constant in this but the load where green is 2K5 and blue is 10K.

It seems clear to me that the situation where current is going to become the issue is with the heavier load. Now lets look at the case of a plate choke. Green is 2K5 load and blue is 1 meg.

Now if the "width of the loop" is really a major concern, one would expect a plate choke to be far less than optimal and a CCS to be the ideal, yet I have yet to hear a CCS better a plate choke. The natural response to this from the "ccs camp" is I simply must enjoy distortion. For me, as long as the lines are closer to horizontal and keep away from the current extremes, I don't lose much sleep over it. I could really go out on a limb and say that for a given voltage swing, the larger the load, the more inductance you need to avoid traversing the nonlinear parts of the curves.

dave

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.