Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Small IDHT tube cathode bypassing

Firstly, thank you to all those who have taken the time to contribute. I found it informative and enjoyed reading the suggestions, even if I don't understand some of it.

There has been a little back-and-forth below, but thankfully it was for the most part healthy debate and not personally targeted. Against my better judgement, I was involved in a brief negative exchange, but I think the outcome will be positive. It did encourage me to think about something else though - it is off topic, but I thought it might be worth mentioning.

In my experience, the people (and teams) who have made the most valuable contributions to field have been able to draw on a wide range of disciplines, approaches and resources in their pursuits. They start with a purpose; the desired outcomes crystallise and appropriate methods are developed as they bring a coordinated effort to task. They approach from many directions - they have perspective, yet their purpose is always in mind. They bring harmony to superficially incompatible concepts. They can synthesise, interpolate and extrapolate. They are theoretical and pragmatic. They try, fail and learn. They can speak the nomenclature and lay-terms. They make the complex understandable for the rest of us. They ask "dumb" questions, yet cut to important details in a flash. They are honest yet tactful. Their ego is secondary to the cause. They are inclusive. Ultimately, they bring an understanding to their endeavours. By contrast, extreme approaches, for example either narrowly quantitative or qualitative, are by comparison ineffectual.

This is especially pertinent when the something may appear objective or purely quantitative, but its end-use or interpretation is personal. Relevance? The reproduction of music can - as a high level concept - be characterised as an objective endeavour. Conversely, the listening and enjoyment of live music - let alone reproduced music in one's own home - is personal.

Regards,

"Confusion of goals and perfection of means seems to characterise our age." Albert Einstein

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Small IDHT tube cathode bypassing - 91derlust 13:55:02 07/10/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.