Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: the speakers ???

DT,
Money - right now.

ALL my spare funds are going into a car kiddie, to replace my old Crown Vic Police Interceptor, which had an engine failure.

Rod bearings. ( Did I ever tell you about me driving that CVPI to RMAF in October 2010, when I got a ticket for doing 119 MPH?? ) Glad the officer didn't jail me !!!

The 515B is one totally FANTASTIC driver, plays well on up into the midrange, and it tells me enough to make fairly good audio decisions, on an unusual / temporary basis. Its surprising what I can tell from THAT driver alone ....mind boggling to me in a way. It consistently is VERY revealing of ALL I do before it.

Hey, one huge advantage I have "now" is (a) these 515Bs are driven directly, no crossover and (b) they are each a single point source !!

I doubt I will use any crossover on my 515Bs, when I go two-way, just drive it direct and lay-in my 802Ds ( GPA re-magnetized / re-diaphragmed 16 Ohms ) on a good horn, crossed over first order, at a higher-than-usual frequency point, and padded down. KISS rules.

The enclosures come Deathtube after I get another vehicle - for cash. For Altec VOTT 825 or 828 enclosures, I already have two pairs of enclosures to choose from, lined up, 55 miles away.

Jeff Medwin

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: the speakers ??? - drlowmu 20:06:37 07/05/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.