Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Good point.

Everyone has their own set of preferences but just because someone likes the sound of a system doesn't mean that that system is good.

A lot of people like the sound of cheap Japanese receivers and Bose 901 speakers.

Lynn Olson dismisses the idea of "accuracy" but then says,

"Having described audio systems as a special class of Illusion Engine (like THC, psylocybin, ethyl alcohol, Vision Quest, etc), there's one group for whom the word "accuracy" actually conveys meaning: recording and broadcast organizations with ready access to professional musicians. For the last 30 years, BBC monitor speakers have been subjectively assessed by rapidly walking between the control booth and the performing hall. The short trip is a quick reality check, and the BBC and other national broadcasting organizations command the resources to have both large groups of professional musicians and the engineering talent to design high-quality monitoring loudspeakers. "

In my mind a system is either doing a good job in the above context or it's not....preferences be damned.

Tre'

Have Fun and Enjoy the Music
"Still Working the Problem"

Edits: 06/18/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.