Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: PING to Audio Note Kit One owners

Hello Peter,
I was just wondered about the rectifier voltage that is in a lot higher % than the driver tubes in respect of the nominal value, but now is clear; thanks so much for your explanation.
Regarding the big C1 and C2 caps, both are 47uF/600v Mundorf tube caps. All the components of the PSU board are new. Because of this problem, I decided to replace all the components of this board, a while ago. Also I use a board for hardwiring that I get with the kit, ten years ago, but I'd never used it, so this was the right time. I believe this option is no longer available.
The components are:
C8: 220uF/550v Jensen electrolytic
C11 and C13: 68uF/450v Nichicon KX
C12 and C13: 100uF/500v Audio Note standard electrolytics
C9: 10uF/250v Black Gate Standard
R1: 100R/5 watts Mills resistor
All other resistors: Amtrans 2 watts
C1-C2 and C8 was elected with two premises: must have a size accordingly to the reduced internal height of the kit one chassis (2004 version) and by recommendation of its performance. I have to do some modifications on the original layout since this 3 caps are too much bigger than the "snap in" original caps, so I put longer screws on the mains tx to fix a secundary plate to place C1 and C2. Then C8 could be accomodated resting on the psu board
I will take in account your recommendations on capacitors, but first I need to get out of this "short circuit" situation. Also I would like to hear first this configuration/investment for a while.
I will do the test with a wire from pin 3 (300b) to the GND screw from both sides in a moment and I will let you know inmediately.
Best regards,
Beto

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.