Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

grounding questions....

Now that my 91A amp is operational I am turning my old 300B into a test mule for future bread board experiments. It will consist of three chassis as follows:

A psu chassis that has transformers for B+, 5 vac and 6.3 vac.

A tube chassis that carries a bunch of 8 pin relay sockets. I will make adapters for what ever tubes I work with. I already have them for 4 and 5 pin tubes.

A opt chassis that has opt's for pp and se amps.

I have the psu chassis mostly complete, but am unsure about how to handle the grounding. The 5 and 6.3 vac transformers each have their own switch and fuse so that I may use either or both. I also want them on their own mains power so that I can use a variac to adjust the B+ without affecting the filament voltages.

My plan for doing this is to have a multiple outlet plugged into my isolation transformer and then have the variac plugged into the multiple outlet and a mains chord going from it to the psu chassis and another mains chord from the multiple outlet to the psu chassis separate from the variac.

The psu chassis is set up with a ground bus bar right now, and I am wondering how to handle the ground of the other mains socket that I need to install for the filament transformers. Should I put a separate bus bar in for that outlet too? It would be connected back through the multiple outlet to the mains supply, but I am worried about a ground loop.
Anyone have any experience with this type of thing?

Edits: 04/28/15 04/28/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Topic - grounding questions.... - vinnie2 05:23:34 04/28/15 (13)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.