Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: I think one needs to take that quote with a big grain of salt...

Carver wasn't selling modded Cit IIs, he was promoting his latest tube amp design concepts that included the g1 clamp, true pentode operation and deep AB biasing. He kinda demonstrated these concepts by marking up the Cit II schematic with them and slyly inviting DIYers to have at it. This was around 2011-2013. At the same time he was offering very limited edition, hand built custom amps utilizing these same concepts on eBay of all places. Not much later he began producing a range of tube amps under the Carver brand with names like "Bob Carver Cherry", Bob Carver Black Magic" and so on. These amps appeared in the 2013 Music Direct catalog among other places. No relationship to the much earlier Silver Seven flagship tube amp that became the sonic basis/reference of his "Transfer Function" marketing campaign for a series of sand amps.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I think one needs to take that quote with a big grain of salt... - Steve O 21:56:57 04/19/15 (1)
    • LOL!! - unclestu 22:41:29 04/19/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.