Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: What is your AC across 2 and 8?

I never got up to full voltage because the ac on 4 & 6 was 600vac and climbing at about 2/3 throttle on the variac, so I shut it down. I checked 2 & 8 once when 4 & 6 were between 300 to 400vac and it was about 3.5 to 4 vac. It seemed to be about proportional. I will check it again this afternoon when I get back from taking my wife to the airport. She is going to visit the grand kids in Alaska for 2 weeks, so it looks like I will have a bit of time on my hands. Hoping to clear this up and finish up the amp and do the tweaking while she is gone.

PS I had a couple extra minutes so made a couple of measurements. With the variac at the 60 volt mark on the dial I got 475 vac on 4 & 6 and 2.8 vac on 2 & 8. Seems proportional, yes?
Also, I checked and I have continuity from the #8 pin to the ground pin on the ac plug. I assume that means the caps are grounded properly and voltage should be able to flow from the 5ar4.

Edits: 04/19/15 04/19/15 04/19/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.