Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Making some progress on my new project

Just wanted to share some pictures of my newest build. It will be ready to go some time in the summer as I have to buy the tubes and the 300B XLS are very expensive. Also the interstage trannys are costly as well. I had the other parts from collecting about two years ago. This has been a project in waiting. My friend Danlaudionut drew up the schematic and Chip647 was influential on parts and layout. Also Kevin Kennedy helped a great deal as well. And of course Kevin Carter from K and K will get the interstage order. Thanks to all for all the help but there is still a bit of a ways to go and it'll have to wait. Money right now is not available for toys. The front end tubes are a 6SN7 and a 6L6 for each monoblock. The power supply for each amp chassis is a single power supply on a separate chassis so the total chassis are four. It also has a separate chassis for the filament supply going to the Rod Coleman regulator in the amp chassis. Lots of chassis but room is at a premium.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - Making some progress on my new project - xaudiomanx 11:29:02 03/26/15 (15)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.