Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: I realize specs aren't everything...

The Grande idea has been out and about for quite some time. Putting together something "official" has not been done.

Compared with the "12" W. tube "El Cheapo", the "taller" B+ rail needed by the 7591 allows the 'T7 plate load to increase to approx. 80 Kohms. 33 K carbon film and 50 K inductive wirewound parts in series could be fine.

Combination biased "finals" would be employed. "Stand" the tied together cathodes of the O/P tube pair on a 470 muF./100 ohm bias network. A single "idle" current set trim pot. is fine and the 100 ohm resistor is a very convenient test point. By making part of the total bias voltage self generated, protection against runaway, which the current production EH 7591 is known to occasionally do, is provided and 330 Kohm grid to ground resistors will be safe. Keeping the 7591 grid to ground resistor value up prevents splitter/driver gain from becoming insufficient.

For monoblocks, AnTek AS-1T300 power trafos should be quite adequate for B+ and heater power.

Give me some time and I'll concoct a scheme for the requisite negative voltages.

Eli D.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I realize specs aren't everything... - Eli Duttman 14:14:27 03/25/15 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.