Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Has anyone ever used a Rhode and Schwarz audio analyzer?

"With the PC it's a PITA when you want to check power because you have to pad it because most sound cards only take 2 to 2.5v input."

Michael, nothing could be easier. My interface box uses a simple 100k dual pot for this. I just turn it until the card has a useable input level. The card will accept up to 4V rms, so anything under 2W/8ohm is essentially a direct connection anyway. At higher levels, I just turn down the pot. I can also test high-swing driver performance at the grid of a power tube using a 10:1 scope probe. Really, it's all extremely quick and much less time consuming than many of the distortion analyzers I've used in the past.

"who measures IMD anymore?" Lots of people, including me. IMD doesn't always follow THD. It's an important test if you want the whole story about an amplifier's electrical performance.

Now, if you said the Roadie could measure TIM, I'd be sold. Otherwise, it's just another bench warmer. :)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Has anyone ever used a Rhode and Schwarz audio analyzer? - Triode_Kingdom 06:14:51 03/18/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.