Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: What's happened to TDIY?

Various audio sites have a different 'flavor' resulting in pros & cons. It can get abusive here at AA and I left AA for over a year after some AA members stated I contributed about nothing! Yes, it pissed me off and I am not a 'hot head'.

On the other hand I was surprised at another very active audio site how far they were behind common upgrades mentioned here at AA even 10 years ago. For example some of the site members performed rebuilds & upgrades to vintage gear using $1 coupling caps, low performance power supply rebuilds, minimal or zero tube rolling recommendations, no upgrades to terribly deficient phono sections, etc. Not to dismiss the high quality technical troubleshooting abilities of others there, but my posts quickly gained a large following with better sounding rebuilds until I apparently pissed off the 'status quo' and was banned for life.

Duly note I was banned from that other site in 1999 too due to a disagreement with a moderator and that moderator actually edited my original post to cover themselves. So, on the plus side I have not been banned or abused by the moderators here and IMO AA moderators are seriously more professional.

At times the aggressive nature at AA can be disconcerting, but for the most part the advice is excellent.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.