Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: You may have made a mistake with your modelling

"Sims provide us with a lot of data. Interpretation of that data can be open to preconceived ideas. All sorts of conclusions can be arrived at. If the model isn't performing correctly, there could be a whole bunch of reasons why."

Really? I did not know that. Thanks.
Despite the attempted revisions, the negatives of low inductance and capacitance are present in all the models.

"From the sidelines, I think Dave is trying to point you at getting the thing to run correctly in the first place, then you can alter things to see what effects your idea of an LSES supply will do or not do."

No, that is just what you think.
If he wanted to show the effects of the LSES in what he considered a good simulation, he would have provided that, the first, second or third time it was requested.
Instead he would rather insinuate this and that, hoping I would get tripped up in my amateurish ways.

"It is not up to Dave to provide you with an answer or a sim to prove something about LSES. He is however helping you to sim the thing properly and so guiding you to view a bunch of different, possible conclusions about the data you're looking at."

Yes it is up to him. In previous thread, simpler sims showed the effects are the same, this already has already ruled out the specific amplifier circuitry.

"Slagging off his business approach doesn't seem to me to be good manners for someone helping you. You only have to look at his record to see where he's coming from."

You are pretty naive if you think his intentions were to help me rather then protect the mystic nature of some particular businesses.

△This message will self destruct in 10 seconds△

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.