Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Look who has gone LSES on his power supplies, in retirement years

Rage,

I will let YOU carry the torch on further L experimenting.

I am getting ready to try to copy DF's most recent amp / parts / implementations, and apply them to a tweaked ALTEC A7-800 system, and get my phono and 10.000 LPs spinnning again.

Over a week ago, I heard Maurizio Pollini play Beethoven's Sonata No.21 in C major, the " Waldstein " and I quickly came to realize that the music is more important to me than either the L or the C or the or the R value and type.

That particular music has been going "over and over" in my mind, it won't leave me alone, it is haunting me, can't stop thinking about it.

Today in the mail, a LP arrived, VOX / Turnabout TV-S 34394, mint - never ever played, of a young Alfred Brendel doing this same piece. It gets heard, with a co-worker friend of mine, tomorrow.

Have fun, I am. Ohh, from what I heard several years ago on my first testing of LSES , there was a BIG bass speed and transient difference between 20 Ohms and 10 Ohms and 8 Ohms of L DCRs, listening on ALTEC 515Bs and 802-Ds. That was when I coined these following terms up here :

20 Ohms or less Ls, " High Fidelity "

10 Ohms or less Ls, " Ultra High Fidelity".

There was also a huge differences heard by me back then, using one, two and three clip leads in parallel, connecting the B+ filter parts together. Hence your new 12 AWG wire from eBay.

The real question in my mind these days has been this..." How did G-d allow L.v Beethoven to write such music, and have an aging Pollini play it back so wonderfully ??

Jeff

Edits: 01/27/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.