Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: 2" chassis definitely brings more challenges, but I like the low slung look -nT

The talent (for myself) involves the balance of aesthetics and form following function. I do not hold with some that the wire should have the shortest path, rather the wire should lay with least magnetic or grounding interference. I eschew capacitors on top to be seen... I do NOT use electrolytics whatsoever in my new builds. The iron to my eyes is wonderful to see... if one uses double C core such as Lundahl {good stuff} then the boxes they sell would be necessary. Frame type transformers MUST be covered if on top. The latest build is an 801 with 6C6 driver 83 mercury vapor rectifier. On deck for build is a plate choke 5842 driving 45 half wave 816 mercury vapors... powder coated chassis is a must. I have some Baldwin 3" chassis's that someday will build a no holds barred power house.

The Mind has No Firewall~ U.S. Army War College.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: 2" chassis definitely brings more challenges, but I like the low slung look -nT - Cleantimestream 06:55:41 01/25/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.