Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Garg0yle 2A3 DC

"The capacitor from 2A3 cathode to ground should really be 150uF, since is is sitting at 40% of B+. That would give "matching" voltage fluctuations. I stayed with 100uF so that all the caps would be the same, and none of them too big to make film caps practical. (See the Rev 1.1 diagram.)"

Makes sense.

"If you remove that cap entirely, there will be a big loss in filtering, so a cap from B+ to ground would be needed, I think."

I would just assume leave it below the ultrapath since I can balance it out and or increase the total capacitance.

"Certainly an added stage of filtering would reduce ripple; I didn't do that in order to maintain the necessary high voltage."

Actually the ripple is pretty good.(just to clarify I view "ripple" the bit of AC left over from the rectifier and not voltage variations caused be the load.)
So maybe I can get by with just added C.

"Do you have specs (especially inductance) for the Hashimoto transformer?"

13H/100mA on the 2.5K Ohm tap.
I think the primary should be 99 Ohms, I'm not sure if that is the 3.5K tap though.

"Since I put this up as a community project, I have no problem with revisions. I think it would help everyone if changes are labeled, just so we can track the effect of variations."

OK

△This message will self destruct in 10 seconds△

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.