Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Contacting James Burgess

I think the most important thing is that James is not a circuit designer(at least to my knowledge). He follows others schematics and is one of the best builders I have come across in years. I now use someone else that is a great builder of audio and is also a great tech. I don't know about James's tech ability but he is highly respected as a builder.

With that in mind that preamp you are showing looks to be a JE Labs circuit done by Joe Esmilla. It appears to be his 76 tube preamp with the 6SL7 phono stage. It is nothing special to build as compared to making it look awesome as James does the best at. I owned two of his preamp builds. Nothing special to me to listen to but to look at they were awesome. His wiring is second to none. His parts layout is second to none.

In my opinion, if you want a great sounding full function preamp try to seek out an Arthur Loesch. The ones you may find at Tempo Electric(Joe Levy) are ungodly expensive and nothing all that great in the build to warrant the numbers he is asking. But the preamp circuit is really good.

Another really good and more conservatively priced is the VTA(Vacuum Tube Audio www.tubes4hifi.com). They have a lot of good options for just about every budget.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.