Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

This is dual regulated and . .

the 6X4's are in series but even with a load, they never lasted a long time and would arc something known about the preamp and Mike later went to 5AR4 but it doesn't sound as good as the 6X4 model. I tried resistors to slow the surge and draw on the rectifiers and it helped some. I have over 100 NOS 6x4's now, most likely more, so I am well supplied but I want to get my preamp running again, after being stored for 10 years. The front end tubes are battery biased and for some reason I left them in. Nope, they aren't in too good of condition but they didn't hurt anything. .

The Full Function preamp did not have an umbilical. for my preamp I have a 5 foot umbilical and the power supplies sit in a beautiful rosewood base.

iBasso DX300MAX Ti. Focal Utopia and Stellia. iBasso SR2. Mr. Speakers, Ether II, Voce stats. Manley, Absolute headphone amp. LTA MZ3, Z10e electrostatic amp. Many other headphones, amps, cables etc.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.