Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Different discussion

As Jeff said, for me its not about the costs.

The original poster apparently has the budget to buy Duelund caps. If you then ask 'why' he does so, then its of course because of the sonic benefits.

Different people have different budgets and -more important- priorities. While spending $100K on a car is still considered 'cool', I think its really stupid. Meanwhile, I have spend over $500K on audio equipment in my live, which others think is totally insane.

If you go for musical ecstasy, spending money on good quality parts is a wise thing to do. I have tried the Russian PIO's and Silver Mica's. They give a lot of bang for the buck, but they are nowhere close to some of the really good caps, like the VCAPs or Audio Note.

I can't speak for Duelund caps, because I never tied them, but if they are half as good as their carbon/silver resistors which I use in my crossovers, then they are great.

The problem is that people on a budget almost never (can) try boutique parts, while people with a budget actually do/can try cheaper parts. So the discussion is always one way.

NC

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.