Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Many thanks TK and Alex!

As it happens, I am already getting late with my RH70 project: one version is supposed to be "standard RH", similar to the RH813. I have gathered some tubes and should start breadboarding the amp.

As a matter of fact, I plan to modify the unit pictured on my blog, because that is the fastest way to proceed. It has 4 turns for 10V: I plan to unwind those secondaries and wind new 8 turns secondaries for 20V. Since the current draw is lower at 3A each, I am going to use different (lower gauge, obviously stranded wire with a thinner isolation to occupy less space).

Alternatively I might use 3 parallel solid core wires AWG23, that arrangement is good up to 53kHz, and 1A per wire should not be a problem due to the low number of turns (short wire) allowing higher current density (more like chassis wiring than current transfer). Or strip the wire and use heat shrinking tube as thin isolation. Space is an issue here, not maximum power.

Ultimately, that is your answer: remove the original secondary and wind a new one with the appropriate number of turns. Feel free to ask: write an email if it's urgent ;)

http://rh-amps.blogspot.com/

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Many thanks TK and Alex! - Alex Kitic 12:08:36 10/30/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.