Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Alex...

Just to expand on what Alex is describing... You will need to be sure the electronic transformer (power oscillator) has a toroidal transformer at its output. The modules I've purchased in the past used miniature conventional transformers, much more difficult to modify (I wouldn't try). Searching eBay recently, I did find a few sellers that post pics of the inside of their modules, and several show a toroidal design in that position. Also, just to be clear, Alex is telling you to add a CT to the output transformer in order to power the filament. I assume the CT will be grounded, just as in the case of a 60Hz filament transformer.

Alex, I'm pretty sure you said recently that you've found some of the electronic transformers that are already designed to oscillate at 50 or 60 kHz. All the modules I've purchased ran at roughly 20 kHz, so I had to modify them. Can you point us to a specific seller for this? In my case at least, it would need to have a 120V primary, not 220V.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.