Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Is this regulated filament supply any good?

Actually the cap across the output is the anathema feature of voltage regulators, according to the supporters of "fancy" solutions.

On the other hand, "fancy" solutions insist on NOT having the cap across the output (i.e. the filament) as the best feature of such solutions.

The A.M. "fancy" solutions operate as current regulators, but "take into account and set" adequate voltage as well. Those solutions are "voltage controlled current sources", known also as "current servo".

In my view, the cap across the output is not necessarily the reason why the regulator cannot cancel (affect) the music signal - rather the bypass caps from cathode to ground. This is particularly effective when bypassing is performed on each side of the filament (two caps, one from each filament/cathode pin to ground - instead of just one cap from "hudinger resistor" midpoint to ground).

http://rh-amps.blogspot.com/

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Is this regulated filament supply any good? - Alex Kitic 04:25:44 10/26/14 (1)
    • But... - Nickel Core 05:01:47 10/26/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.