Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: LM317 as a CCS , how to?

For my bypass cap I am using a combo of 100uf x 25v Sanyo Oscon paralleled with a 3uf x 50v pio. This was also the cap that was used with the cathode resistor arrangement. So that would seem to rule out the sonic contribution of the caps. I am hoping that it is a break in issue. There is a difference in the current setting resistor for the lm317 which I chose based on the measured current, about 70ma, from the original cathode voltage divided by the cathode resistors previously used which gave me the value of 18 ohms when plugged into the CCS equation. The closest value I could manage was paralleling 3 51 ohm resistor. This arrangement is mostly to see if I was setting up the lm317 correctly.
About the G2 set up; I am using a choke and cap tapped from the B+ to the 7591. I am currently unsure about using a zener diode as many diy'ers feel that there is a noise problem with those. Although I did install them in my rh84 v2 and I find that amp to sound very good. So, I do not know what "zener noise" sounds like. regards, Dak

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.