Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Currently at 180%...

my god they would be hard to beat. Ime size matters! I will buy them when your done ha ha

Btw my amp I subbed in 10y in place of pt15 so trans where well over size. 16 ohm on 8ohm tap.10k I changed out the cathode r and never checked the voltage because it sounded so good. One night late when my last pt15 died. That was 18months ago. Best amp I have built or hacked. 94 db speakers and the mid bass power is unfathomable. I suspect I am in class A2 driving with ml6 no sense because any who tried one of those will tell you how bad they are and using lundahl pp interstage parallel feed. Its a beast I will measure it one day when it is replaced with a new 814amp dan 18 hours a day I have ben running it on and on. try that with your beautiful type ten. I have 3 of these they live in storage for ever.

yea I tried ratheon box oxide filament. They where not happy in there.

I have since been hoarding all sorts of tt filament pentodes and triodes in the hope I can recreate the sound of this amp. I guess when you ask only twenty milliamps of a 200ma supply it is grateful of that also.

Edits: 10/17/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Currently at 180%... - amnesiac 00:27:52 10/17/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.