Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Too funny

"You have not provided any circuit diagrams or details and have not completed the amp in 17 years of work."

No, I haven't provided any circuit diagrams, except to those who asked via PM. I am not the sole copyright holder of the schematic, it is shared with the person who did all the heavy lifting on the design end. I have not yet obtained permission to post it publicly. If anyone is *truly* interested, I'll be happy to email it to them privately, with the promise that they won't post it or use it commercially.

As to the time it's taking me to build the amp, well, life is complicated. Things take time. Would you prefer it if I had just slapped everything together into a Hammond box in a couple weeks? No, you wouldn't because then you couldn't chortle madly as you accuse me of being some sort of steampunk hipster like you did a few posts ago.

"A purpose built amp will sound better if your goal is good sound. We here usually don't debate theoretical Spice specs."

This amp IS purpose built for push-pull operation, and optimized for it. The amp performs very well on the bench as a test jig, as well as in the SPICE models, which nobody is debating, since I never posted them.

"A lot of people build tube amps because they look cool. Yours, if completed, will definitely look cool."

Well, thanks I suppose. Is that an actual compliment? No, you're just damning me with faint praise I suspect.

"Unfortunately, due to the laws of physics, a push-pull output transformer current balanced into supporting SE will not perform up to the standards of a good SE output transformer."

Gee, I suppose it's really a good thing that I OPTIMIZED THE AMP FOR PUSH-PULL USAGE.

"I can only guess what your designer is trying to do."

Well, maybe if you simply asked, I could explain it all, if you were actually interested in an explanation rather than trying to boost your own ego by crapping on other people's work.

That designer, BTW, was none other than Steve Bench. You can guess all you want, because you and me combined couldn't even begin to touch those kind of engineering chops. It's a checkers versus chess scenario, I'm afraid. Luckily, the schematic came with a very well articulated circuit description, test results, distortion measurements, etc. and feeble minds like mine can then grasp the rather incredible circuit that was crafted.

Obviously my amp bores you, right? You've stated that my approach is inherently flawed, and doomed. Ok, I heard you. That's the only point you have, and you've made it. If you keep coming back here to this thread, I can only assume it is because you want to troll me. Until you make some real observations, I'm just going to ignore you.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Too funny - Sherwood Forest 10:33:58 10/14/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.