Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Well that was quick.......

Vinnie,

The exact grid voltage is essentially meaningless. Only in the most general and loosely defined terms does it have any meaning at all. The tolerances on grid voltage are quite loose so the curves only approximate what you'll find in real world situations. That is because the curves are only correct if the tube behaves exactly as designed.

You can look on a plate curve diagram and if you know the current and the voltages then the diagram will tell you what the grid voltage should be - as long as the tube is built EXACTLY to the spec - which they almost never are.

Can I suggest a little research on how tubes work is likely to make this much more clear? Your posts have changed the verbiage some, but essentially you are asking the same question over and over.

Should the grid voltage on the curve diagram match the tube in your project? In a perfect world maybe - but in the real world the tube's tolerances render an exact number meaningless. The next tube in the EXACT SAME circuit will behave differently.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.