Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: "I was Dave Mason's Front of House (FoH) mixer for all his live shows for a little over a year."

I consider Dave a friend and know that Dave would say the same.

I've worked quite a bit with John McEuen (Nitty Gritty Dirt Band). John is hugely talented and a very nice guy. He taught Steve Martin to play banjo!

John named his son, Jonathan Martin McEuen, after Steve. Steve is like an uncle to Jonathan.

John's brother, William McEuen produced the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and Steve Martin movies.

Jonathan is also very talented and I've worked with him on 2 studio albums including his debut CD "Sampolin' 14" and an album with Phil Salazar "A Tribute to Jerry Garcia".

I've done a coupling of things with Robben Ford including Ann Kerry Ford's (Robben's wife) "In the Nest of the Moon" CD.

Jim Capaldi, Chris Hillman, Kenny Logins, J.D. Manis, Bryan Hitt (great name a for a drummer), John Ondrasik (Five for Fighting), T.J. Russell (Leon's son), Johnne Sambataro (Fire Fox lead singer, Dave Mason Band.)

Once while helping to set up a rehearsal space, as Dave wanted to work some of the songs from 26 Letters 12 Notes into the live set, Johnne was noodling around with "Happy Together" on the guitar. I grabbed a mic and started singing and Johnne sang the background harmony. That's a very cool memory.

Another cool memory was the night we recorded "40,000 Headmen" with Dave on guitar and Jim Capaldi on drums. Two of the original four members of Traffic.

I work on Dana Smith's CD "Gypsy Experience" named by Buddy Miles (Band of Gypsys) that included Buddy Miles, Mitch Mitchell and Billy Cox. I even played tambourine on "My Sweet Baby" a song that Buddy sing's lead on.

I didn't meet any of the three of them (Dana would go to Nashville where the basic tracks were recorded and bring back the 2" multitracks tapes to my studio where we would work on his guitar parts) but I do share credits with all of them.

I've had Jonathan, Phil and T.J. Russell play live in my yard, just for fun with about 40 friends.

I could go on and on but this is really starting to sound like I'm bragging. :-)

The truth is I consider myself very fortunate and I am grateful for my time in the industry.

Tre'

Have Fun and Enjoy the Music
"Still Working the Problem"

Edits: 10/11/14 10/11/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.